source: allrecipes.com, September 2009
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 lb lean ground beef
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, drain off grease and add back to pan. Add taco seasoning and water and cook until meat is coated. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large tray (I like to use a disposable aluminum for easy clean up) add ground beef and top with refried beans.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
- Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, and green onions over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.